Well, 2015 is upon us, and I decided my first piece of writerly business was to update my site. I decided to stick with black and purples, but I’ve been wanting to add hearts for sometime now. I think it looks a little more romantic. Hope you like it.
So what are my thoughts on 2015? I’m not one to make resolutions. I’ve mentioned it before, I have NO willpower, and as such resolutions only lead to disappointment. However, some of the things I’m hoping to accomplish in 2015 include…
1) I won’t say diet, but instead: Eat healthier…Less Coke. Less chocolate. More veggies. (If you have shares in Coca Cola, you might as well sell them now.)
2) More exercise. Fortunately anything more than “none” is more than I’m doing now.
3) Spend more time on my writing. Including, a) submit AT LEAST TWO novellas to Wild Rose Press, and b) look into self-publishing two YA novellas. (WRP does not publish YA)
4) More reading. With over 300 unread books on my kindle and another 60+ on my shelf, I’ve got a lot of reading to do. However, I’m not going to waste time on books I’m not enjoying. Hook me fast, or be deleted.
5) No more wool/craft purchases until I make my a BIG dent in the current stash. And no more scarves!
Realistically, since “sleep less” is not on my list, I’m not sure where I’m going to find the time for these. I’m thinking that a few of these may be neglected until The Daughter leaves for university in September, at which time I’ll be looking for ways to spend all that extra time. But, hey, 2015 includes all twelve months…not just January.
How about you? What are you resolutions, goals or hopes for the new year?